Fairytale: Year 6
I am so lucky to have found you - my soul mate! - so early in my life, and that even after six years of marriage we are still madly in love. It is nothing short of amazing that we have continued to grow together along the same path, and that we don't ever get sick of each other.
Seriously, I am so lucky. I think about it all the time.
It's been six years since we said our vows. This year we grew a lot, don't you think? It wasn't easy, though. We got through some really tough times. I birthed a baby, and you ran 12 miles without stopping!
If I learned anything this year, it's that life sometimes gets tougher as you go. But there's no one else I'd rather figure it out with than you.
Thanks for sticking with me, and holding my hand as we fall asleep...wrapped in our new sheets we got as our anniversary present to each other.
Here's to another great year!
Year 6 Highlights
- Changed our eating habits.
- Found out we were having a girl.
- Spent Thanksgiving in Washington, D.C.
- Sent our favorite Christmas cards yet.
- Took 11 days off work for Christmas and to recharge for the new year.
- Cleaned out our basement.
- Celebrated our one-year anniversary of being debt-free.
- Launched a photography business.
- Completed our emergency savings fund.
- Welcomed our little Rooney into the world.
- Celebrated Eric's 28th birthday.
- Refinanced our home loans.
- Fought the baby blues.
- Landscaped our house.
- Bought a minivan (with cash!).
- Starred in a local car commercial.
- Benefited from chiropractic care.
- Raised $940 for MS research.
- Baptized our daughter.
- Almost fell for an Internet scam.
- Eric ran 12 miles without stopping.
- Met with a financial coach.
- Finalized our term life insurance.
- Learned what it means to parent as a team.
- Went parasailing.
- Became detectives and scientists.
- Switched to standing desks.
- Reading every comment you leave on the blog.
- Reaching 1 million page views!
- Having readers in all 50 states and in more than 150 countries.
- Being featured on the front cover of USA Today.
- Being featured on Jess Lively's blog.
- Writing and selling our first eBook.
- Responding to countless emails about marriage, parenting and faith.
- Mom's fruit salad
- Mexicali dip
- Beef sandwiches
- Banana bread
- Cheese ball
- Taco ring
- Peanut butter crunch bars
Looking forward to...
- Taking family photos today!
- Our first Christmas as a family of three
- Surviving our first year as parents
- Making a big deal out of the fact that I'm turning 30 (with a shopping trip to Minneapolis, maybe?!)
- Completing our emergency fund (baby step #3) again
- Redesigning our blog
Looking back on how far we've come...