Happy Birthday, Kelsey!
Happy 29th birthday, Kelsey (Mommy)! What a crazy year it's been.
Because it's easy to forget, I wanted to remember 29 of the greatest memories from the past year (in no particular order):
- We finally had a couples Halloween costume.
- Walked your pregnant self all around the District of Columbia.
- Conceptualized and realized an awesome nursery for our daughter.
- We cleaned out our basement.
- Watched the entire series of Friday Night Lights. No regrets. Texas forever.
- Spent a week at the place we fell in love 9 years ago.
- Traded in your dream car for a minivan.
- Spent quality time walking our empty stroller to pick up Roo from day care.
- You saved our daughter from choking on peas.
- Watched enough food documentaries to guilt us into thinking differently about the food we eat.
- Gave birth to Rooney au naturale.
- Made it through the baby blues.
- Started a tradition of watching Rooney sleep - you SNEAKY mom!
- Ate our weight in Ben & Jerry's ice cream. Half Baked for you, Phish Food for me. Totally rebelling against #11.
- You kept my spirits up and helped me through a rough patch.
- We made the decision to bring wellness into our life.
- You had the instincts to walk away from a scam.
- We had a lot of fun in photo booths.
- You do the diligent work of researching our baby's development and help us make informed decisions.
- Supported me while training and running my first 20K.
- Because next year will be your golden birthday, your birth month has turned into your birth year; starting Jan. 1, 2013. Boom! Get ready. That's only three months away!
- Discovered what "vacation" was like with a baby.
- Only took us 5.5 months to write thank yous for all the wonderful gifts that Rooney's birth brought.
- You accomplished at least three of your goals for the year with 3 months to go in 2012.
- Enjoyed parasailing.
- Giggled your way through breastfeeding class.
- Made it on the big screen at church on your first Mother's Day.
- Took full advantage of DQ's buy 1, get 1 free Blizzard deal during March.
- Shared countless conversations filled with laughs, tears, smiles, sadness, heartache, frustrations and dreams.
Whether it was the good, bad or ugly - it doesn't matter. I wouldn't trade sharing any of these moments with anyone else. I hope you have an awesome birthday and know truly how much I cherish you.