Thoughts From an Expectant Father
I've been writing down some of the random thoughts that I have had since finding out that I'm going to be a daddy. There's no structure to this post, just my thoughts.
- I feel like I have had some great training for this whole fatherhood thing. I mean, we watch Parenthood, and are planning on watching Up All Night. What more is there to know?
- The joy and excitement I had when I heard that little heart beating at 160 bpm made this whole situation real. And then two days later when I saw the 1-1/2 inch tike swimming around in Kelsey's belly, the excitement multiplied exponentially.
- I finally have the right to buy a mini-van, and I will exercise that right! So economical, yet so uncool to the untrained eye.
- I really hope my wife doesn't forget about me when the baby comes. That's my worst fear. Well, that and changing diapers. Maybe I should use Mylie as a training aid?
- My hope is that I can love my child as much as my parents loved me. That would be perfect.
- Kelsey has eaten so much Taco John's that I'm beginning to think our baby will come out with a mustache and sombrero.
- I'm overwhelmed by the number of decisions we are going to have to make over the next few months. Good thing God is in control.
- I hope our child sleeps like Kelsey.
- This shouldn't be that hard; people have kids all the time. No, way dummy, raising a child will be the hardest thing you ever do. Dang it, leave me alone.
I'm sure I will have many more thoughts as this adventure continues...
Now accepting advise from those more experienced than I. Let's hear it, dads!