33 Things We Did This Weekend
Let's get right down to it. Kelsey goes back to work half days this week. It's been a super hard week for her with all the anticipation and anxiousness of being away from Rooney for the longest amount of time in more than a year, if you count her pregnancy (and we do). So, we tried to make this an extra special weekend. Here are 33 things we did.
1. Watched Rooney nap in the cutest strawberry outfit.
2. Enjoyed the beautiful weather at the Stelter Mustache Bash. (Yep, that's real...well, mine is, not Rooney's.)
3. Moved Rooney into her room and into her crib. (Best 11 hours of sleep she's ever had.)
4. Ran nine miles on Saturday morning.
5. Took a nap with Rooney while Kels finally got her "prenatal" massage and did some shopping.
6. Took some family photos.
7. Took a family nap on the couch.
8. Taught Rooney how to do assisted sit-ups.
9. Danced in the living room.
10. Hung some lights on our deck.
11. Grilled pork chops and stuffed mushrooms.
12. Filled out day care paperwork.
13. Held Rooney in this position to mend her torticollis.
14. Stared at the chubbiest cheeks this side of the Mississippi.
15. Dug out Rooney's first camera given to her by Suze.
17. Dropped Rooney's things off at day care.
18. Watched church online.
19. Cleaned the house while my girls napped.
20. Played in Rooney's room some more.
21. Spotted Rooney on the chest press. Gotta start somewhere...
22. Enjoyed an impromptu visit from my family (grandparents, mom and nephew).
23. Watched GG (great grandma) and Grandma D love on Rooney.
24. Played football with Kaleb outside.
25. Saw the heart of a 7-year-old hold his little cousin. He loves her so much.
26. Listened to stories of how my mom was as a child.
27. Walked to Arby's for supper. Kaleb pushed Rooney the whole way.
28. Smiled when Kaleb gave Rooney the toy he got with his meal. So generous.
29. Enjoyed our new landscaping before the family headed out.
30. Gave Rooney a bath.
31. Had a team hug before Rooney went to bed.
32. Held Kelsey as she cried knowing this was the last night before she went back to work. It's sad, but we know it will be fine after we get through the transition and that Rooney will have so much fun with her new friends. (Regardless, it's still a little sad.)
33. Vowed that we will use our real camera more in the future.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! What was your favorite part of the weekend?
Three cheers for Monday...