Women of Faith Recap // Sheila Walsh
So I must have been living under a rock because I had never heard of Sheila Walsh before this weekend. She's recently written a new book called God Loves Broken People and I really identified with her because she's struggled with depression. My postpartum depression was the darkest time in my life so I was all ears.
Here are my notes from Sheila's talk:
- Her greatest fear as a mother was What kind of a mom will I be? I made a note of this because I definitely identify with that.
- We judge what we don't understand.
- Never never never stop praying for your kids.
- We struggle to believe that right now, exactly how we are, God loves us. When we wake up in the morning He says, "Oh look! There she is again!" I love that because I think the same thing when I see Rooney.
- Don't let your temporary identity become your eternal identity.
It's OK to talk to yourself - just be careful what you say.