As 2013 Winds Down
As the year comes to a close, we'd just like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your support. It takes an awful lot of work for us to keep this site going, and it's because of the community that we keep going. It's always interesting to me to see which posts have gotten the most views throughout the year. Blog statistics are not everything, but they sure are interesting. We've seen some generosity from the Google gods, Pinterest and some generous blogging friends this year, which might explain why a few of the posts ended up in the top 10 for the year.
Most Viewed Posts of 2013
|What Ingredients Are in Infant Formula?||21,273|
|DIY Nursery Art – Let Her Sleep||20,119|
|Free Download: Budget Spreadsheet||18,948|
|Our Debt-Free Story||6,748|
|DIY: Pallet Wall||6,670|
|Why I Quit Breastfeeding||6,284|
|Why “Submitting to Your Husband” Is Actually a Compliment (guest post)||5,547|
|What to Bring to the Hospital When You Have a Baby||4,332|
|Things to Do (for Yourself) Before Baby Comes||4,149|
Again, this list seems a bit skewed as a lot of these posts were written in 2012. Here is a list of highlights that I've put together (arbitrarily picked).
- In January, we pondered if you should tithe while you are in debt.
- In March, we overspent on Rooney's 1st birthday party.
- In May, we switched from a keeping our budget in an Excel spreadsheet to using some pretty sweet budgeting software.
- In August, we attended and spoke at the Texas Style Council about budgeting.
- Also in August, Kelsey wrote on a particularly touchy subject... vaccinations.
- In September, we spilled the beans about how much we eat out and how much we spend.
And just for fun, and because I don't want to have to post this in 2014, here is a video (in 8x speed) of our family Christmas in the Williams house (note in the first 25 seconds how captivating I am at reading the Christmas story to my family...)
Peace out 2013. And cheers to a clean slate in 2014!