Financial Post Roundup
It never ceases to amaze me when I look back over the past two-plus years of blog posts and see the breadth of information and life lessons that get buried in the archives. I thought it would be nice to resurface some of our best financial posts into one place. After all, it is tax season and mid-February; what better time to take your financial temperature?
Getting Out of Debt
- Dave Ramsey: An introduction to the man who changed our financial lives forever.
- Financial Peace University: The course that taught us more about money in 13 weeks than we learned in our first 25 years of life.
- Second Jobs: A necessary yet sucky sacrifice we had to make.
- Mistakes: They happen. We just try to learn from them so they don't happen twice.
- Giving: The funnest part of having control of your money.
Our Financial Journey
- Budget Breakdown
- Why We're Not Saving for Retirement (Yet)
- Debt Free for One Year: Progress Report
- Fully Funded Emergency Fund
- How We Used Our 2011 Tax Return
- We Bought A Minivan (With Cash!)
- Transitioning Between Financial Baby Steps
- How Kelsey Switched to Part-Time, Part 2
- Updated: Budget Breakdown
- Goodbye, Second Mortgage
- Completing Baby Step #3: Six Month Emergency Fund
- Financial Forecast 2013
- Misconceptions About Budgeting
- Say No to Debt, Say Yes to...
- Food + Money
- Budgeting for the Unexpected
- What Is Blow Money?
- Should You Tithe While in Debt?
- Frugality vs. Budgeting
- Food + Money
- What Is a Debt Snowball?
- Q&A: How Do You Secretly Buy Gifts for Each Other?
- The Cost of Staying in Debt
- Money Advice for Engaged Couples
- How to Save Money Without Giving Up Your Lifestyle
- How to Make a Budget for the First Time
- Should You Take Out a Loan for College?
- Christmas Shopping: Stop the Stress in 5 Steps
- Q&A: Using Cash Envelopes
- To Save or to Spend?
- How We Make Financial Decisions
- Building Our Discipline Muscle
- Budget Committee Meetings
- It Has to Be Fair: Personal Spending
- Stupid Tax: The Honeymoon
- Stupid Tax: Buying a House Before We Were Ready
- Stupid Tax: The Jeep Loan
- Stupid Tax: My First Groupon Experience
- Budgeting With a 6-Month-Old
- Q&A: Financially Preparing for a Baby
- How a Baby Changes Your Budget
- Financially Preparing for a Baby [Part 1]
- Financially Preparing for a Baby [Part 2]
- Free Download: Budget Spreadsheet
- 7 Steps to Switching Banks
- How We Use Mint.com
- 5 Steps to Setting up a Term Life Insurance Policy
- We Were Almost Scammed!
- What to Do With Your Old Electronics
- When, How and Why to Check Your Credit Score
- How to Vacation on a Budget
- How to Live Without Cable
- Dave Ramsey
- Financial Coach: Justin Bennett
- Christian Personal Finance
- Mary Sievers CPA
- Money Under 30
- Money Saving Mom
- The Barbers paid for their house with cash!
Can you believe how many money posts we've written over the past two years?