World's Best Monster Cookies
Monster cookies are my favorite cookie. And these are the best monster cookies I have ever had.
(My mom agrees, and she is kind of a cookie snob.)
These are NOT your grandma's monster cookies. Unless you are my friend Chris. In that case, these ARE your grandma's monster cookies. (Please tell her thanks, again, for the recipe. Eric and I will never forget eating these at 2:00 a.m. when Roo was a newborn.)
Grandma J's Monster Cookies
Ingredients (Makes 4 Dozen)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups chunky peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 cup softened margarine
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 2 cups M&M's
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Get out your biggest bowl. You'll need it once you get to the oatmeal step.
- Combine and mix well vanilla, chunky peanut butter, maple syrup, margarine and eggs.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda (mix together first).
- Add oatmeal and mix well.
- Stir in M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased cookie sheet (don't put too close together, they spread out).
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on edges.