Rooney's Favorite Christmas Gifts
Rooney was blessed this Christmas with many gifts from lots of people who love her to pieces. We know Christmas is about giving and the birth of Jesus, and we try hard not to get caught up in the consumerism that surrounds this time of year. But, a gift is a gift, and we are thankful for all that we have received. And this year, I was more excited about the presents that Rooney got than what I myself received. You might even think we're a bit Scroogish, but we didn't even get Rooney a Christmas gift this year. At least nothing we wrapped up and put under the tree for her. We knew she would get plenty from everyone else and she has way more than she needs anyhow. Next year, we will certainly give her a some gifts.
So here are most of the gifts she received on her first Christmas (family and friends: if you don't see your gift here, please know that some we couldn't find online, and all her gifts were appreciated). (And if you are keeping track, she was 9.5 months this Christmas.)
Books & Clothes
From top left
- Genuine Kids from OshKosh Infant Toddler Girls' Dress - Heather Grey
- Away in a Manger (A VeggieTales Book) [Board Book]
- My Mommy is a Blogger [Hardcover]
- Kohl's Cares® Margery Williams Bianco "The Velveteen Rabbit" Collection
- Silent Night (Pageant of Lights Book) [Board Book]
- Winnie the Pooh: Sweet Dreams, Roo (Disney Winnie the Pooh) [Board Book]
- Circo Lady Bug Print Hooded Towel - Pink
- Bell Infant Sprout Bike Helmet (Love Bugs/Pink)
- Old Macdonald: A Hand-Puppet Board Book (Little Scholastic) [Board Book]
From top left
- Wood Toy Ice Cream Cone Wooden Teether (do you remember this from our stocking stuffer post?)
- Schylling Baby Sock Monkey in Pink
- Fisher-Price Little People Builders Build 'n Drive SUV
- Fisher-Price Giggle Gang - Pinky
- Step Start Walk 'n Ride (hand-me-down)
- Musical Toy Caterpillar By Collections Etc
- B. Zany Zoo
- LeapFrog AlphaZoo Spinner
- VTech Little SmartPhone
- Fisher-Price Laugh and Learn My Pretty Learning Purse
Rooney didn't really help unwrap these gifts - she was too busy playing with abandoned boxes, wrapping paper, and plastic left on the floor. Kelsey let me unwrap Rooney's gifts and that's probably why I was so excited to see what she got. I knew how much she would enjoy them.
What did the little ones in your life get for Christmas?
P.S. Two of these gifts brought tears to my eyes. #3 and 6 from the first set.