Over the Weekend: June 3-5, 2011
- Friday was our annual golf outing at work (one of our favorite days of the year). We get a half day off work to golf with our cohorts and then everyone heads to Kenny's Pub in Waukee for refreshments and fellowship. This year was no exception as we had a wonderful time. And we were in bed by 9:30. Boom! We worked the kinks out of our swing on Wednesday night (in case you missed this post: Golf Lessons).
- We were up early to get in line for the Better Homes and Gardens Clean Out for Kids garage sale. Twenty years of props strung out on two floors of a parking garage. There was some awesome stuff to be scavenged, but we were about a half-mile deep in line when we arrived at 7:30 for the 8 opening. We heard through the grapevine that the first people showed up at 5 a.m.
- We did score a sweet clothing rack for $1. We actually walked by it first and thought it said $100, so I promised Kels I would make her one for cheaper. But turns out it was really $1.00. Big thanks to Doug for bringing us his power drill so we could take it apart and get it home.
- We then ventured north to Ames for Myah and Maysen's 4th birthday party (with a fairy theme). I was super pumped. I missed last year's party because I was working my second job. Our gift to them was American Apparel cardigans that Kels wears all the time, and the hair flowers they are wearing in this photo. Aren't they precious?
- The party was great and after presents, we got to see the twins ride their new bikes.
- And took some three-month photos of Mylie Marie (Flickr photos coming later this week).
- We then headed back to West Des Moines to meet our friends Emily and Andy and see their little guy, Caleb.
- After supper we headed to our friend Adam's (Emily's brother) house to hang out some more.
- Mi madre purchased tickets to the Principal Charity Classic golf tournament for my grandpa for Father's Day. So, we enjoyed the day at the golf course with family. It was 90+ degrees and after four hours we were all exhausted. Kels missed some spots with her sunscreen and has some spots to show for it. It was super fun though!
- We attended church at 5 with Adam.
- Then it was time for our life group. We enjoyed some burgers and hot dogs off the grill and dove into a new Max Lucado study. Perfect ending to the weekend.
I can't believe we didn't watch a single episode of LOST this weekend! I'm going through withdrawal. Blah!!
What was the best part of your weekend? Secrets don't make friends...