Over the Weekend: June 10-12, 2011
- Our plans changed last minute because of the rain, so we had a pretty relaxing night at home.
- Kels picked out her 30x30 items and we photographed them.
- Of course, we then watched a few episodes of LOST.
- This was our Staycation v2.0. This is a chance for Kels and I to enjoy our city together and do things we don't normally do.
- We headed to the farmers' market around 10. Kels spotted Shawn Johnson as we walked in and was star struck for about 10 minutes.
- First stop was the Farm Boy's stand. I went with a breakfast burrito bowl for ease of eating and walking. Delicious!
- We moseyed around trying to find Kels' favorite crepe stand, but it seems they have vanished from the farmers' market this year. Or at least this weekend. She was just as happy to have mini doughnuts and a strawberry banana wheatgrass smoothie.
- Then we had to get some cheddar cheese popcorn from Brandmeyer's. This stuff is the best, but be warned, it's highly addictive.
- We decided against our original plan of eating lunch at Fong's Pizza because we were both full. We do plan on going back soon, however.
- After the farmers' market, we relaxed at home for a few hours and watched one episode of LOST.
- Kels had a one-hour massage at 2 p.m., so I did some blogging while she was gone.
- We watched another episode of LOST when she got back and then got ready for church.
- Went to church at 5 p.m.
- Then we picked up Doug and Jess and headed to the Iowa Cubs game.
- The game was food-tastic (corn dog, pork tenderloin, nachos, popcorn and Dippin' Dots) and we had great seats thanks to our buddy Adam. The Cubs won fashionably in the bottom of the last inning.
- You guessed it. We then went home and were sucked into three more episodes of LOST.
- Kels spent the day at Adventureland, an amusement park, with her girly friends. Even though she gets motion sickness, the Space Shot was her favorite ride of the day. The outing was our friend Missy's Mother's Day present from Classy Tom. If you haven't checked out their blog, Living in Pursuit, do it! They have triplets. 'Nough said.
- I sat around most of the day wishing I could be watching LOST, but I couldn't watch it without Kels so I blogged and catched up on my to-do list.
- 4 p.m. tee time with my homies. Nine holes of fun and fellowship. Here's my buddy Jeremy swinging away:
- Home in time to cuddle with Kels before bed.
What a weekend!! How was yours?